Not having enough time for holidays? Never mind, a weekend at Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park is enough to escape from your daily routine and boost your batteries.
Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park is a national park in Scotland and it is in the center of Loch Lomond and the hills and glens of the Trossachs.
For our journey we are going to start from the North (Falls of Dochart) and reach the South (Loch Lomond) of the national park.
- Falls of Dochart: The Falls of Dochart are a cascade of waterfalls situated on the River Dochart at Killin in Stirling Scotland, near the western end of Loch Tay. Here you can get on the Dochart Bridge and enjoy the view and have your way through the Killin Village.
- Falls of Falloch: Situated in the north part of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park, Falls of Falloch is a beautiful waterfall with a popular beauty spot for picnic.
- Loch Katrine: Loch Katrine is a freshwater loch and scenic attraction in the Trossachs area of the Scottish Highlands. The loch has served as the main fresh water supply for the city of Glasgow for over 150 years. Swimming is permitted here or you can enjoy a boat cruise. Moreover, you can hire a bike and enjoy the scenery on two wheels.
- The Cobbler (Ben Arthur): The Cobbler – also known as Ben Arthur – has the most distinctive outline of any mountain in the Southern Highlands and makes a fantastic shorter hillwalk with spectacular views. Its dramatic peaks resemble a large set of fangs from a monster’s mouth which is thought to represent a cobbler – hence its well-known nickname The Cobbler.
- Loch Lomond: Loch Lomond it’s one of Scotland’s most beautiful places and it was even the inspiration behind a love song for the people of Scotland. Moreover, it is the largest lake of Great Britain. There are a lot of small islands within the Loch that can be explored with the provided cruises or you can enjoy various watersports.
Wrap up paragraph: The Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park is a great option even for the most difficult visitor because it combines mountains, parks and lochs; so we are sure it will satisfy everyone. Let’s hope you enjoy your experience here and let us know about it. Keep in mind, for this trip you will need a car or a public transport.
To find out more contact us via [email protected] . Extra Mile Tours® focuses on UK bespoke group travel experiences with nature and outdoor activities in mind.